Chocolate Fudge Cake


I'm back! Sorry for my absence. Here is a new recipe celebrate 500 viewers! -But that's not all! I have updated the blog with new and exciting features! My daughter made a delicious cake for all of my family, it was very delicious. Soft, creamy and perfect!

Ingredients:

  • 125g butter or margarine
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla essence
  • 2/3 cup cocoa
  • ½ cup hot water
  • 2 tsp vinegar
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 3/4 cups plain flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
  • A pinch of salt
  • Chocolate Vienna Icing  


Method: 

1Beat butter until creamy, add sugar, eggs and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy. Mix cocoa and water to make a smooth paste. Gradually add to the creamed mixture. Add vinegar to milk to sour.


2) Sift flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt together, and add to creamed mixture alternately with sour milk. Stir lightly but thoroughly. Pour into two greased 20cm sandwich tins and bake in an oven at 160°C  for 30 minutes or until top springs back when lightly pressed.

3) Leave cakes to cool completely in tins. Ice the cake with the Vienna Icing and serve.


Liked this recipe? Please follow me on Google Plus to stay up to date on all my latest posts or click the "Follow by email button" on the right sidebar. :)


Enjoy!

Comments